The debate over intelligence has long been a futile one because the emphasis has long been success in school equates to success at work. Most of us have failed to recognise how low achievers in school have turned out extremely confident and successful later with many academically competent ones dwindling in the later years. Individuals may be academically or technically competent but may not utilise the fundamental resources available to them which allow others to connect with them and be connected with themselves. This debate about cognitive competence (IQ, technical, academia) and emotional competence (self-awareness, social skills, perseverance, empathy and self control) have had many psychologists and researchers in the spotlight because of their invaluable findings which favour the latter.
Come and explore the myriad of ways to connect with people through essential people skills and realise that intelligence can be built if you develop emotional awareness. This workshop is fully hands-on and highly interactive through activities, videos and discussions, meant for people who realise that emotions drive our feelings, attitudes, mood and behaviors and ultimately our sense of well-being. Come and explore your own resources!
- To provide an understanding as to how EQ greatly assists at work.
- To be aware of one’s present values, attitude and behavior and its consequent impact on other people.
- Understand where passion comes from and work towards clearly defined pillars of happiness.
- Participants will be able to use practical tips and techniques in simple steps that would enable them to have better control of their work and personal life immediately after the course.
- Differentiate their present practices with the skills taught and develop plans to start a new life.
- Activities to access feelings.
- Problem definition and case studies.
- Reflection and group discussion.
1-Day Program Outline
- Understanding how emotions work.
- Emotional Intelligence and our body.
- High self-awareness as the building block of emotional confidence.
- What drives motivation.
- In control of impulses (suppressing anger).
- Developing optimism.
Facilitator For This Program
For more information and registration, please contact:
Singapore: (+65) 6474 1637 & (+65) 9732 1384 or e-mail email@example.com.