The EQ Assessment Certification for Coaches
Deepen your coaching with a powerful toolset to measure and develop emotional intelligence
A complete suite of tools to measure and develop the key drivers of performance, the SEI assessments help professionals get better results on the “people-side.”
Unlike other psychometric tools which provide an abstract diagnosis, the SEI provides practical feedback and a process for action. Created by world leaders in emotional intelligence development, these tools are both statistically rigorous and highly practical – which is why they’re chosen by leading organizations including FedEx, the US Navy, Daimler Benz, Kodak, and Microsoft.
Consultants, trainers, coaches, educators, and HR professionals use the SEI for training, coaching, performance management, selection, and development. Offering eight different reports (in multiple languages), the toolset is adaptable to a wide range of people in every sector. The Six Seconds model is substantive, easy to understand, and actionable – all the SEI tools use this model, as do a wide array of development tools and programs.
A Complete Suite
The SEI toolset includes the self-report SEI (with five different reports available), the SEI 360 multi-rater feedback tool, and the SEI-YV youth assessment. These tools align with Six Seconds’ broad range of training and development tools and programs.
The SEI is ideal for those seeking a practical, in-depth, rigorous, complete range of assessments that help people put emotional intelligence into action.
Read more about the SEI
Download the SEI brochure for professionals
The Benefits of Attending:
The course provides grounding in the Six Seconds Model of Emotional Intelligence and equips professionals to use the SEI in their coaching and mentoring. This course focuses on the adult version of the SEI self-assessment with an emphasis on effectively debriefing the results to help clients or employees in a 1:1 setting so they understand their current EQ and have a clear roadmap to improve.
You will learn about…
- A clear, actionable model for applying emotional intelligence.
- The range of SEI tools.
- Delivering, interpreting, and debriefing the SEI
- Introducing the SEI and the Six Seconds Model of EQ.
- Ways SEI can and can not be used in coaching, development, and selection.
- Developing your own emotional intelligence.
- Your EQ Leader feedback report and customized Leadership Development Guide to help you develop your emotional intelligence, with optional 1:1 debrief ($300 value).
- SEI Intranet account with credits for five SEIs ($225 value).
- License to use and sell the online and paper versions of the questionnaire with 30% discount (plus there is an additional volume-based discount; SEI credits can be used for all of the SEI tools and reports).
- SEI Coach Manual and Feedback Guide.
- Option to be profiled on www.6seconds.org/cert/ (subscription fees apply)
- CD with…
- SEI Introductory Presentation powerpoint and handout.
- SEI Workbook (licensed to reproduce for SEI clients)
- Sample SEI proposal
- SEI Debrief Best Practices
- Selected articles
- Sample reports
This course is designed for professionals skilled and qualified in coaching and people development. We highly recommend completion of the Six Seconds EQ Certification first.
To complete the certification process, participants must complete online pre-work, attend the full program, practice five SEI debriefs, and effectively debrief a member of the Six Seconds’ team by phone (this process is included in the price of the course). For the SEI360 and SEI-YV there are additional teleclasses and practice requirements.
Attend a regularly scheduled public-run – see the schedule
Contact us to schedule this training in-house for your organization or group