The EQ Team Assessment and Training program is an exceptional program for teams to get to the heart of collaboration. Intact teams understand the human dynamics driving their current performance, increase trust and honesty, and learn practical tools to increase team performance.
In this intensely practical and fun program, participants build energy and commitment while learning surprising truths about themselves, each other, and being a team.
Participants will complete the Team Vital Signs online assessment. The TVS measures key performance drivers including Trust, Motivation, Teamwork, Change, Execution. The confidential online assessment takes around 15 minutes per participant.
A Six Seconds Certified trainer delivers two days of training raising awareness, commitment, energy — and delivering practical tools. Highly interactive, this program keeps participants on their toes and leaves them working more smoothly.
- .EQ Introduction: What is emotional intelligence and what does it have to do with team performance? What is a “team” anyway?
- Developing Awareness: What is team development? How is our team functioning now? How does it feel to be part of this team, and how are those feelings driving us?
- Acting with Intention: How can we shift our current interactions to be more accountable? What is our current level of trust, and what would it require to increase trust? Where are the sources of conflict and what skills do we need to move beyond those?
- Pursuing Purpose: Why are we together as a team? What are our shared values and do we have a shared vision? To what degree are we connected at a basic human level, and how can we increase that connection should we want?
- Next Steps: What from this workshop will we leave in the classroom, and what will we carry back to the workplace? What are we committed to making different starting tomorrow? What will success look like and what steps will we follow to create changes we’re seeking?
Following the training, the team leader(s) participate in a coaching process supporting them to leverage the course learning back in the workplace. This allows the specific goals set in the training to be carried forward and the new learnings to be integrated into the team’s “real world” dynamics. This coaching includes six hour-long phone discussions over the 90 days following the program.
Recommended Addition: Post Assessment
After 90 days participants re-take the Team Vital Signs Assessment; this provides additional accountability for participants and a focus for their development process. This demonstrates to the group (and others) the changes they’ve made, and allows the team leader to define actionable next steps.
Audience: Intact teams from six to 36 members.
Length: precourse assessment (15 minutes); 16 hours on site (can be divided into four modules); six coaching sessions for team leader.